Thursday, November 6, 2008

Up and Adam


God walked in the garden of Eden in the cool of the day. The coolest time of an average day is early morning. Adam had to be up early the morning the Lord confronted him about his sin. Early morning is my favorite time of day. It is, as it was with Adam, a time for prayer. It is, as with Adam, a time for confession. It is, as with Adam, a time to recieve forgiveness. It is, as with Adam, a time to earn your living by the sweat of your face.

With a firm grip on the day its off to work. Study the Sunday School lesson for this Sunday right after breakfast. Blog, as with all things, for the glory of God. Help my brother, for a brother was born for adversity. Honor my parents this day for this is a work that God would have me to do. Help someone I have never met before just because it is the right thing to do. Give to my spouse "due benevolence" for God has commanded it and I love her so. These things please God and because He has, as with Adam, redeemed me from sin and death, I have risen early and will do these very things for Him this day.
The picture is of Janie washing dishes in France. One of the many things about Janie that I admire is her heart for service. She is constantly serving others. God bless you.

No comments: