Friday, November 21, 2008

Piddle


To piddle is to waste time. My daughter use to have a teacher that would send a note home with her stating "Stacie sure had the piddles today." The teacher thought that Stacie was wasting time and not getting her work done. Focus and planning are the keys to combating the piddles. Stay focused on executing the plan and you won't piddle. Yesterday I had the piddles. I would pause a lot and think about what to do next and how to do it. This seemed like piddling to me. It is worth the time spent planning ones next move. Janie wanted to move the piano from the porch into the house so we planned a way to move it up a 6 inch step into the house without hurting ourselves. With a square ended shovel and a couple of 2X4's we moved it with very little effort. I actually got a lot done yesterday even with the piddles. I got the front door moved and it works better than it ever has. With my mother's help we insulated the front wall of the living room. I burned a bunch of trash and removed the old awning above where the old front door had been. I am ready to remove the walls that enclose the front porch and hope to get that done this morning and then head over to Bro. Davis' house to pour water on his hands (2 Kings 3:11). The picture is of the house in Henderson as of yesterday. It shows that I have removed the front door and one of the windows. I will try to post the after picture showing the porch walls removed. God bless you.

No comments: