Monday, November 17, 2008

The Remembrance of Christ


I preached at the nursing home this morning to a crowd of about 50. I used as a text Paul's account of the Lord's Supper. The purpose of the Supper is for us to remember the Body and Blood of Christ. I went over the life of Christ and all that He had done from the time of His birth until His return into Heaven. I reminded them of the Blood of Christ. It was shed when He was but an infant 8 days old. I covered many of the references to the blood of Christ in the scriptures concluding with the fact that the saints in Heaven have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of Jesus Christ the Lamb. I simply took them through the scriptures and there was joy on their faces. I believe that the best homilies are those that are all about Jesus and devoid of any opinion or comment by man. "Tell me the Story of Jesus. Write on my heart every word. Tell me the story most precious, sweetest that ever was heard!"

We will be attending the Ladies Thanksgiving Dinner tonight at our church. Janie is in the kitchen preparing the food she is taking while I blog a bit. I am going down to Waco tomorrow afternoon to donate blood. I use to fear it but now it is no big deal. I need to call and see if the Faith church in Hewitt want to meet this Tuesday night. I am going to take a bus seat down to one of the ladies in that church. She has recovered one seat and is ready for another. I also have a check in my pocket for her and I need to get that delivered. Next week is Thanksgiving and we plan to spend the day with Janie's parents. My mother will be at my younger brother's house for Thanksgiving as will my older brother from California. I am preparing a sermon for next Sunday on a Thanksgiving theme. I have not settled on a text yet but will before Wednesday. Janie will be doing a one act skit for the ladies tonight and It is a good one. The picture is of her preparing for the skit. God bless you.

No comments: