Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Goofing off


To goof off is to be doing something when you are suppose to be doing something else. When you have a job to do and you are suppose to be doing it but you choose to do something else instead you are said to be goofing off. Usually the thing you have chosen to do is more fun than the job at hand. Thus the word goofing is used to indicate that the thing you are doing is more fun than the thing you are suppose to be doing. I am goofing off. I am sitting on a stage with about 300 people in front of me as I am writing this blog. There is a break in the action while a report is being read. I have no notes to take at this time which is why I am on this stage before all these people. I do enjoy blogging. The meeting has gone very well. We had a good lunch break and got to eat with my daughter and Son-in-law. Excuse me I have to take some notes now. Ok I am back. I love my new son-in-law. He has such a friendly and humorous personality, I just enjoy being around him. I miss my other daughter and son-in-law, he had to work and could not come to the meeting. The picture is of me and the other clerk of the MBA of Texas. We sit at a table and take the minutes of the meeting. The meeting ends tonight around 10:00 pm. Janie will be taking her parents to the doctors in Tyler tomorrow while I get some work done on our house here. We plan to work on the house again on Friday and will be back in Hillsboro on Saturday. God bless you.

No comments: