Friday, November 7, 2008

Song


I have a song stuck in my head. It got stuck there yesterday. I thought that a little sleep would cause it to go away but the first thing that came to my mind this morning was that song. "Escuchen al pepino, oigan su voz fuerte, como un leon...." My mind sings it in spanish and causes it to burst forth from my mouth. It is called "The dance of the Cucumber." Search for it on YouTube if you want it stuck in your head. I have another song stuck in my head and it will be there for the next three years. It is the Song of Songs. I do not know how the tune goes but I may make up one as a finishing touch to my Thesis. I am thinking about making a paraphrase poem of the Song of Songs and then putting it too music. Could you imagine the Song of Songs done as a Rap?

Someone out there, would you explain to me the analogy of Song of Songs 8:11-12. Email me your pithy comments at paulclark@baptistville.org and they will be considered. It would seem that her vineyard is her companionship and that Solomon should give her something precious in return for it. I don't know, I am still working on it.

I got up early again this morning to get some work done. I will work on my prospectus this morning and hope to get another thousand words or so done. Plan to work a little on our house here this afternoon trying to get it liveable for my brother and his wife. We want to attend the Syrup Festival in Henderson Saturday morning, I want to get some cans of real Ribon Cane syrup to give to friends over in Hillsboro. The picture is of our choir at Walnut Street a few years ago. God bless you.

No comments: