Thursday, November 20, 2008

And They're Off


Janie has just left with her parents in tow to spend a very long day in Tyler, Texas. They have multiple doctor appointments today including a three hour wait for a shot to take effect before a bone scan test. They did not sleep much last night and I expect they may doze in the waiting room. I am off to run some errands and work on the house. Not sure what I will get done today but will do what I can. Tomorrow is Thesis day and a visit with Bro. Davis to pick up a package that their church has prepared for Jason and Angie in France. Jason is in Denver, Co. today to get his driver's license. He returns to France on Sunday. We sent a lap top computer to my sister's house for Jason to pick up and hopefully it made it there safely.

Sunday I will be preaching from the 103rd Psalm. It was the text I used for my first sermon after being licensed to preach. Thanksgiving will be the theme of the message. Sunday is the sixth anniversary of my first day as pastor of Walnut Street Missionary Baptist Church. It has been truly a blessing to pastor such a wonderful group of people.

We got the newly covered seat on the bus and it looks good. We took out two more seats and carried them down to Waco to be recovered. That makes three seats waiting to be recovered and another 17 to go. I took a picture with my cell phone but I do not have with me the blue tooth device to get the picture off my phone so will post a picture later on. I am looking forward to next week and Thanksgiving with family. Well They're off and so am I. The picture is of my father-in-law and my granddaughter Lilia. God bless you.

No comments: