Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Memories


This season of the year brings back many fond memories. I remember that my mother use to set out snacks and finger foods like celery and cream cheese for us to eat while we waited for the turkey to cook. We would watch the Macy's parade and snack. When it was time for the main eating event I would try my best to eat down to the bone the turkey leg. In my younger years I was never able to finish it. Every memory of Thanksgiving is sweet to me. I like to cook and I like to eat so Thanksgiving is a perfect holiday to me. There is much for which I am thankful. I am thankful that Jesus Christ saved my soul and that He called me to preach His word. I am thankful for my wife and for our children and grandchildren. Have a happy Thanksgiving. God bless you.

No comments: