Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Night is Coming


The old song says "work for the night is coming." There is a limit to what one can do in a single day. I am going to try to accomplish as much as possible this day. I need to print out the minutes of our local baptist association meeting and get that to the print shop so they can get the minute books ready for me. I need to put the new seat back into the bus, that new seat looks great. I will take a picture and post it here later. I need to take 2 more seats out of the bus and get them delivered for recovering. I need to finish my part of the minutes of our state baptist association and get those mailed off to be published. I need to put the finishing touches on tonight's sermon and will get that done first of all. Then the night will come and what remains will carry over until tomorrow.

The plummber came by yesterday and fixed our stopped up sink. I did all that I could do to fix it myself but to no avail. He had it fixed in about 30 minutes. A little know how and the right tools go a long way. Monday we had a flat tire and had to have it fixed. There was a nail in it. We donated blood yesterday and that went very well. I am still amazed that I can lose a pint of blood in 10 minutes and feel no differently than before.

Janie will have a busy day tomorrow with her parents and doctor visits and again on Friday when her dad has another Chemo therapy treatment. I plan to work on our house and on my thesis while she is taking care of her parents. The picture is of my mother sitting in her yard. She turned 84 on Monday this week and is doing great. God bless you.

No comments: