Monday, September 19, 2011

Truck

Elijah and Jonathan
We traded our car in today for a new truck.  We like the truck so far but we have only driven it 6 miles.  It had 3 miles on it from the factory and we test drove it which brought it up to 6 miles and now it has 12.  It fits in our garage with just 2 1/2 inches to spare.  They tried to sell us an extended warranty that would cover it for 100,000 miles or 5 years but we said no.  We will have 100,000 miles on it in 34 months.  We put 35,000 miles a year on our car and our habits have not changed.  We will still be making trips to Henderson almost every week and that is 400 miles a week right there.
I am amazed at technology.  While we were signing papers the salesman synced my phone with the truck.  I can push a button on the stirring column and tell it who to call and it makes the call with out me even taking the phone out of my pocket.  If they could just make a truck that could get 100 mpg while towing 13,000 pounds we would be all set.  I will post pictures of the truck later.  I did not have time to take any today.
I took a long walk while Janie was at the ladies auxiliary meeting tonight.  I walked a little over 4 miles.  I am in training for a long hike I plan to take next year with my brothers on the PCT.  I am looking forward to that.  
I got an email today saying that our 40th class reunion would be held on October 8th.  If it is in Massachusetts, and I assume it will be, I will not be able to go.  I have not made any of them so my record will be in tact.  I would like to go but this was just to short of a notice.   
Tomorrow we have our usual Tuesday events and the same with Wednesday.  Thursday I will visit with my mother and take her out for a ride if she feels up to it.  Friday I need to get some work done for the MBA of Texas meeting and try to get back to my thesis.  God bless you.

No comments: