Monday, September 19, 2011

Choir

Naomi Bachman, number 11
We have a record number of people in our choir this year for the Christmas cantata.  We have 4 basses now and with that many you can finally hear the bass from the back row.  It sounded really good and it is exciting to be a part of a bigger choir.  The 2 basses on either side of me really know what they are doing and that sure helps me.  The songs we will be singing are just outstanding! I can't wait until Christmas gets hear I feel almost like a child again.
Janie, Lilia,Caleb,Micah, Andrew,Jason, Arianna, Angie
Our business meeting last night was a long one.  I had to explain some of the business in detail and that took a lot of time.  At one point I realized I was preaching instead of moderating so I tried to tone it back a bit.  I kind of felt bad about it afterward.  It was a subject about which I have strong feelings but as moderator I am not suppose to vent my opinion just moderate.
We got a good rain last night.  I have not checked my gauge but it was a real good rain. Having gone over 4 months without any rain it was good to hear that down pour last night. 
Janie and I are going to trade our car in for a truck.  We are going to head over to the car dealer here in about a 1/2 hour and see how it goes.  I will miss the mileage of our car but I have missed not having a truck more. 
Our new granddaughter is sweet and Janie looks very happy holding her.  Our new truck will very soon know its way to Palestine.   There is a restaurant there called "Little Mexico" which we like real well and I imagine it also will be seeing a lot of us. 
We need to make a trip down to Hardin to see our grandkids there.  I miss them a lot.  I hope to see them this Saturday in Henderson.  We will make plans for an over night trip to see them and go swimming with them. 
We Skyped with Jason yesterday and caught him up on all the news.  When we first hooked up with them as soon as Arianna saw us come up on their computer screen she began to wave.  She is a sweetie and we miss her and the other kids in France a lot.  They are planning to come to the States in June to stay for a couple of months and I intend to spend a lot of time with them.  (The picture above was taken in Normandy, France.)   I JUST LOVE GRANDKIDS!!!!
God bless you.