Friday, October 28, 2011

Rain

Fall colors
It rained yesterday here in Henderson.  The over night temperature was 48.  I took a walk in the rain which might seem foolish to some but after the long dry summer a cool walk in the rain was refreshing.  I surveyed the property that we own and it is nothing short of a jungle.  I sure would like to clear the land and make it look nice. 
Janie and I went to see mother at 5:30 and she was a completely different person.  She was happy and laughing.  She told us several stories about what happened to her during the day and had us both laughing.  She is glad that she came to the hospital saying she feels so much better.  The nurses said they were amazed by her progress.  They were impressed that she was so considerate and helpful with others.  She has been going to the group sessions and has enjoyed them.  When other patients would need some help mother would get up and go to their aide.  She told us of a man sitting next to her at lunch who kept trying to get the food off of her plate and he would be trying to pick up food that was not there from off the table.  She felt sorry for him.  Mother says she sees the need to get out of her room and mingle with others and plans to do just that when she gets back to the nursing home.  She says she is going to eat with the others and go each day to the common area to do her sewing.  We were so excited to see her laugh.  She did not have her bottom teeth in so I did not take a picture of her this time.  I want to thank everyone for their prayers for her. 
The fence I erected last week
Janie and I went back to the cottage and watched the Rangers loose the sixth game of the world series.  We enjoyed watching the game, having just come from mother who seemed to be doing so well.  Today I have to repair two linking faucets.  One in the bathroom at my mother-in-law's house and the other in the kitchen here.  If I can't repair them I will replace them.  We plan to visit with mother again this evening at 5:30 and will head back to Hillsboro Saturday morning.  God bless you.
Janie making Frito Pie on a cold autumn day at the cottage

No comments: