Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Woo


Woo: to seek the favor, affection or love of someone. When Janie and I were courting we spent a lot of time wooing. Our wooing was successful and we got married. Wooing does not stop after you say "I do." A successful marriage requires daily wooing. (1Cor 7:3) Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. The best relationship between husband and wife comes when they both woo the Lord. That is to say they both seek His favor and affection. The secret to wooing my wife is for me to do those things which woo the Lord. In turn when my wife does those things that seek God's favor and affection, she gets mine as well. As we woo the Lord we woo each other. There is a secret then to having a successful marriage. Woo the Lord and let the object of your marital wooing be someone who is also wooing the Lord.

My father-in-law (pictured above) has started chemo therapy. We took this picture so we would have a before and after picture of his hair. He has a good attitude and that goes along way when your fighting cancer.
We had a good time at my daughters surprise birthday party. The food was real good and the fellowship was even better. The grand kids wanted to ride with us the two hours it would take to get back home but as an act of wooing I said no to their request. The picture here is of Sarah opening her presents. God bless you.

No comments: