Monday, September 15, 2008

Leak


Our shower has developed a leak and I believe it is coming from a crack in a seam of the tiles that line the shower. We noticed just 2 days ago that the carpet was wet along the edge of the wall in the room next to the shower. I examined the tiles and saw the crack right at the spot where the carpet was wet. I have purchased some stuff to fix it and it takes 3 days to dry. I will apply this on Wednesday and by Saturday it should be all fixed. Our daughter and her family are still at our house. They have not gotten the ok to return to their home yet and don't expect to until this Friday. We believe that their home is ok there according to one of their church members. They will have lost everything in their freezer but that is better than loosing their lives. My mother has been without electricity for 3 days and was without water for 2 days. She has been overwhelmed by her grandchildren who have brought her lots to eat and drink. My father-in-law's house was damaged by the storm. A limb knocked the weather head and electric lines off the house. These have been repaired now and they are waiting for their electricity to be turned back on. Janie and I plan to go over and spend Thursday and Friday in Henderson. I will try to clean up our old home place and fix some things damaged by the wind at my mother's house. Friday Janie will take her dad to his first Chemo treatment. Pray for him. While she is there I will be at TBI working on my prospectus.

I am planning to preach from the book of Acts again this Sunday. Our attendance has increased the past few Sundays and that is always good news. We had 79 Sunday. My Son-in-law preached Sunday night and his sermon was good.

I am planning to spend my vacation next year hiking with my brother in California. I would like to hike a week with him and then see some sights on our way back home. I want to see Hoover dam, Grand Canyon, and Carlsbad Caverns. All of this is uncertain for I never know what God's plans may be for my vacation. Tomorrow night Janie and I will have Bible study with Faith Missionary Baptist Church in Hewitt. We always look forward to our visit there. The picture is of 2 of our grandsons playing in the tube at the parsonage. God bless you.

No comments: