Tuesday, September 9, 2008

New Computer


Well my new laptop computer has arrived and you would think that I would be so excited. It has been a long and tedious process getting all my files transfered and all my software installed. It will be weeks before I will know if I have everthing I need off the old computer. My first attempt to update baptistville.org did not go well. It took the site down and I had to go back to the old computer to get it back up and running. I will work on that problem later. The new computer is much faster and it has greater security. It has a finger print scanner which lets you by pass typing in your password. I like that feature. It also has a regular keyboard with a numeric keypad on the right side. The keyboard is back lit so you can see it at night. That will come in handy when traveling in the car at night. All in all it will be good to have this new computer and though I dreaded Vista I am growing to like it. It has a built in camera with very high resolution. I expect some problems to crop up in the weeks to come and I will deal with them as they do. I will keep my old computer for a while just in case.
I got a comment on my youtube video. In the video I have a picture of a Bible. The comment said "I like to take a Bible when I hike, it makes a good firestarter." I replied to this comment that the Bible is THE guide to keep one out of THE FIRE." I feel sorry for those who choose to reject Jesus Christ. They are blind and don't know the danger they face. Jesus loves us all and wants everyone to come to the knowledge of the truth. I pray for these people that they will repent before it is too late.
The bus is back at the church, the car is on its way to being repaired, Ike is about to hit Texas, Janie's dad is about to take chemo, the letters to the churches of MBA of Texas need to be ready to mail next week, and I have found a great text for Sunday morning's sermon. Life is good and it is challenging. The picture is of Janie and her dad on our wedding day almost 35 years ago. God bless you.

1 comment:

Kevin Higgins said...

Hey - I was just reading your stove story. I've got a great little stove I bought for $20. It's light, comes in a case, uses a small can of gas, and I'm not at home to tell you what kind it is! I'll look when I get back and find out. You might give it a try. Good to see part of your family last night!