Friday, September 12, 2008

Ike


Well Ike drove my son-in-law and daughter away from their home to seek refuge at our house. It has been good to have them here for I have enjoyed spending some time with the grandkids. They will be here through Saturday and then return home. This changed our plans to go to Henderson so I plan to spend the morning at the church working on things there and probably most of the afternoon as well. I miss having my car and hope it will be ready by this time next week.

Wednesday night went very well. We had 25 kids the first Wednesday night and this time we had 45. It is a good ministry and I am so proud of the people who volunteered to work with these kids. The bus seats survived the first night of use with out any problem. Looks like the duct tape is going to hold its own. Of course I did encourage the kids to take care of the seats. Time will tell if they are obedient to my wishes.

Well it is late and must get some sleep. Tomorrow and Saturday I plan to get quite a bit of work done. I took a walk with my daughter today and that was fun. She stayed up with me quite well. I am determined to walk every day to keep in shape for my up coming hike in November with my grandson and the one in April with my brother. The picture is of my daughter and her husband about the time they married. God bless you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.