Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wednesday Night Kick Off


We kick off our Mid-Week Bible School tonight. The bus had to have some brake work done, we found out today when we tried to get it inspected. It will not be ready until Friday. We will run the van around and it holds 12 and our truck will hold 5 more. If need be we will make 2 runs and I expect will will have to make 2 runs. Our opening assembly will be used for orientation of the students which means we will explain the rules and the consequences of breaking them. I will be preaching to the Adults from Hosea 14 tonight. I am excited about this good work. You can see in the picture of the bus the colorful duct tape we used to fix the seats.

I have a church member in the hospital in Dallas and I wish I could be up there with them. I just do not think I need to miss the services tonight. It is impossible to be in 2 places at once. I am going to go now and clean out the truck and get it ready for the kids. I do not know what I will be doing tomorrow. I will probably go over to Henderson for my day off and then return Friday afternoon. I am suppose to stand in for my brother who lives in California. His granddaughter goes to school in Henderson and it is grandparent day Friday. His granddaughter Emma and I are buddies. She would rather have her grandpa but I was honored when she requested her mother to ask me to be there. I will work on my thesis at TBI on Friday morning and then after lunch with Emma we will return to Hillsboro. I may have to go strait to Dallas depending on how my church member there makes out at the doctor's on Thursday. The picture of my car's front end does not look that bad all that you see in this picture has to be replaced and what does not show is the large plastic cover from underneath that I had to take off because it was draging the ground. They say it is going to cost about $1,500 to repair. It will not be finished until the end of next week. God bless you.

No comments: