Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cold as Ice


I spent my day off in Henderson. We went to Wal-Mart to get a few things for Janie's parents and then she took her mother to the beauty shop. While they were there I went over to my mother's house to check on her. After 5 days there is still no electricity. There was water pressure at our house which means we don't have any water leaks. I cleaned out the freezer and the refrigerator and picked up some of the limbs in the yard. Janie and her mother stopped by to see the yard but I had already picked up most all of the big limbs that were down. Two trees fell down on the old tractor shed and it is in even worse shape than it was. We returned to my in-laws and had supper with them. After supper I undertook the task of defrosting their freezer. It needed it real bad and so with my mother-in-law's supervision and instruction I tore into the task. It took a little over an hour to get the job done. My hands were as cold as ice.

Tomorrow I plan to work on my doctoral thesis and to get the sermon ready for the funeral I will preach on Saturday. We will leave about 4:00 pm Friday for Timpson, Texas where the family will gather for visitation. The funeral is at 11:00 Saturday and afterward we will head for Hillsboro.

Wednesday night went really well. We had 53 kids and my grand kids got to ride the bus. They were warned that it would be loud but they wanted the experience. Afterward they said they did not want to do that again. It was not as loud as normal because my son-in-law and daughter were aboard to make them behave, somewhat. We finished the bus round about 9:15 pm and headed for Henderson about 10:30 pm. We got to bed about 2:30 AM and got up about 9:00. It has been a long day and I am ready to call it a day. The picture is of my children one cold Texas day many winters ago. God bless you.

No comments: