Saturday, February 4, 2012

We'll Work

Janie and me waiting at the hospital
Wednesday Janie and I were at a hospital in Waco for a good part of the day.  We had a church member who was having fairly major surgery and she came through it just fine.  We got something to eat immediately afterward and then while Janie worked with the laptop for Sullivan Supply I went shopping at Best Buy.  I had gotten a gift card from a couple at our church and had found just what I wanted.  We returned to Hillsboro and got ready for our Wednesday evening services.  I had an extra large class and the discussion was really good.  Janie also had a good class.
Janie's wardrobe
We had planned to go to Canton on Thursday but instead we stayed around the house in Hillsboro getting some things done there.  I finished Janie's wardrope and we moved it into place. 
Friday Janie spent with her mother as I spent it with mine.  Mother is doing very well. She seems happy and her memory seems to be okay for the most part. She right off the bat apologised for the way she treated Janie and me on our last visit. She has put the family pictures back on the walls of her room. She said she took them down because she was mad at us but she is not mad at us any more so she put them back up.  I brought her a phone but it did not have the cord with it so I took her to Walmart where we got that and some yarn for her.  She did not think they would let her leave the building but I assured her that they would.
Mother's Room; Talking on her new phone.
I am going to preach at her nursing home Sunday afternoon at 2:30.  I am really looking forward to it.  She seems excited by that prospect.  She asked me to bring her other glider chair to her along with her sewing machine.  She really takes that old gospel song serious which says "We'll work till Jesus comes."
I had lunch today with Steve and Teresa.  They had just been to see mother and it was good to get a heads up on what to expect.
Janie and I are planning to go to Canton tomorrow. It looks like it is going to be a beautiful day for it.  God bless you.

No comments: