Friday, April 18, 2014

Fever

Preached at the nursing home on Monday this week
Preached Palm Sunday on the Triumphal Entry of Jesus to Jerusalem
Enjoyed the District Ladies Auxiliary meeting in Corsicana on Saturday
Helped my Mother-in-law at the beauty shop on Friday last week
Mother-in-law at the beauty shop
I has a fever Saturday night after attending the District Ladies Auxiliary meeting.  It was low grade and was gone by Sunday morning.  Palm Sunday services were well attended.  Sunday night after the services were over I began to run fever again and did for the next two days.  It got as high as 101.8 and felt miserable Monday.  My Monday did not start off that way however.  My Sunday night fever was gone Monday morning so I went to the nursing home and preached to a good crowd there then went back to the house.  I got feeling poorly and checked my temperature and it was 99.7.  As the day progressed my fever went up and I went to bed feeling like I had the flu.  Tuesday was better with my fever lower.  Tuesday night my fever broke and Wednesday morning I felt better.  With no fever all day I went to church that evening feeling fine.  I broke out in hives and in the middle of the night Janie and I took a run to Wal-Mart to get some Benedryl.  I took some and the hives went away but I was left with a red rash which, thank the Lord, is gone today.  It has been a rough week but I did get some work done.  I am really looking forward to Easter Sunday.  The sermon will be entitled "Guarding the Tomb of Jesus".  God bless you.

No comments: