Friday, November 25, 2011

The Day after Thanksgiving

Kids on the porch, don't know why Hannah has a coat.
Me rocking Naomi
It was warm today and I have been feeling much better.  I still have the cough but not as bad as before.  My voice is not 100% but I think it will be okay for Sunday.  We spent Wednesday here in Henderson getting ready for Thanksgiving Day.  Thursday we spent at my mother-in-law's house and by the time Janie and I helped get everything cleaned up after all the company it was 10:00 at night.  We decided to have our daughter's and their families over to our house here in Henderson instead of Hillsboro.  After such a tiring day we dreaded the drive back to Hillsboro.  We were able to make room for everyone in the cottage and were comfortable enough.  Janie and I cooked the turkey which I had killed and cleaned.  We had all the trimmings including homemade rolls.  The turkey was a bit dry and I hate it when that happens.  It was good tasting and the pies and cake which Janie made were too good.  The pie is calling me even now so when I finish this blog I will answer its beckoning call.  We put the kids out on the porch to eat and the adults ate in side.  It was a good day.  The kids are all snug in their beds and Stacie and Scott have returned from their anniversary date.  Justin and Sarah are back in Palestine.  It is time to relax and enjoy a movie before heading for bed.  I am so looking forward to being back to in the pulpit Sunday for I am ready to preach the next text in the Song of Songs.  God bless you.

No comments: