Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Over Heated

Janie whelmed with grandkids
I took the grandkids out to eat for breakfast at Braums then over to Lake Whitney state park this morning.  I have an annual state park pass and wanted to try it out.  The park was not impressive.  While we were there the van over heated.  I let the kids sit under the shade of a tree while the van cooled off.  We returned home post haste.  The van was hot again by the time we arrived.  The outside temperature reached 102 today.  I am going to see if I can get at least that problem with the van fixed before Stacie and Scott return for Thailand.
Painting the table, I am so proud of our grandkids
In spite of the temperature the kids completed the breakdown table.  They had fun painting it.  They took a break after painting the first side of the pieces to cool off and get a drink.  After supper it was dry and Joshua and I assembled it.  It looks really good.  I am thinking about cooking breakfast in the backyard in the morning and letting the kids eat on the new table.  Grits, eggs, bacon and trail bread will all taste better some how when cooked outdoors. God bless you.

No comments: