Thursday, January 7, 2016

MBA of Texas

The Gluing Machine
We went over to Hamburg, Arkansas to help Bill Johnson assemble the annual year book of the Missionary Baptist Association of Texas.  I am one of the clerks and it is my responsibility to publish the book and get them in the mail to the churches of the association.  We started on Monday evening and finished at noon on Wednesday.  Tuesday I worked from 7:30 in the morning until 11:10 that night.  I stopped to eat of course but not for long.  The books are all in the mail now and I am glad to have this project behind me.  The machine pictured above is the slowest and hardest part of the process.  It glues the cover on the book.  It takes 45 seconds per book and we did 1,300 books in 1 1/2 days.
We are off to France next.  We plan to leave the house about 1:30 pm on Tuesday and will arrive in France on Wednesday around 1:00pm.  The journey is long but the destination is worth it!

No comments: