Monday, December 13, 2010

Nap Time

The ladies Bible study at the parsonage
Janie is taking nap right now.  I had gone to the store to do some shopping and she was working when I left. She left me a note on the refrigerator saying to get her up at  3:00.  She worked the night shift going to bed about 5:00 this morning and then getting up at 8:30 to go with me to the nursing home.  I believe that entitles her to a nap.
I am doing a strange thing.  I have downloaded onto my cell phone the Shakespeare play "Hamlet" and am reading it in sessions of 1 to 2 minutes at a time.  I read a few pages just now while waiting in line at the store.  I like Shakespeare and reading his work improves my language and writing skills.  Most of my non-Biblical reading time is spent on books about the Song of Songs.  The few minutes here and there of idle time waiting I use to either pray or read Shakespeare.  I just figure that these few minutes here and there each day add up to hours in a week and should be put to good use.
Janie's new table cover
Our Sunday was an outstanding one.  We had great services in the morning and fellowship afterward.  The food was really good and the company was even better.  I sat beside Clint, the young man who was burned so severely a year and half ago.  He is doing very well and has a great sense of humor.  Sunday night was exceptionally good and the crowd that was there seemed at first to be small until I had them all to sit in the center section together.  I made it look like there was twice a many there.  I showed some videos of some things that were on the news and it really caught their attention.  They all seemed to really like and enjoy the service.
My mother called today and she is having a plumbing problem and wanted to know if I would be coming to Henderson.  I told her that was my plan and so I will try to get over there on Thursday.  She has baked some bread for us and that will be a big hit with my grandkids next week.  Well it is time to awake my lovely wife and then I am headed out to do some visitation.  God bless you.

No comments: