Tuesday, February 22, 2011

New Copier

Our church's new copy machine
Our church voted in business meeting to increase its monthly giving to the three missionaries which we support directly by a factor of 3.  We now give each of these 3 times as much per month as we were giving.  Our copy machine at the church has been giving us a lot of problems and needed repair.  I was going to call the repairman on Monday and figured it was going to cost a lot.  I got a call Monday evening from one of our deacons who gave me the news that a company was going to get a new copier and would donate their old one to our church if we wanted it.  He went and picked it up and it looks like a really nice one.  They said that it was working fine and had not given them any problems it was just time for them to get a new one. I have always found it to be true that you can not out give God.  We increased our missions giving and God provided us with a really nice copier.  God is so good to us. 
Cedar in bloom, probably why my allergies are so bad
We had an exceptionally good ladies Bible study today.  It went a little long because we really did not want to stop.  Janie and I went to the hospital to check on our members there.  I also talked to one of our members who lives in Galveston, Texas.  He is in the hospital and his wife is also in the hospital.  He is doing fairly good but his wife is not.  I wish they were closer so that I could visit them like I can those here in Hillsboro.  After the hospital we washed the car.  It needed it really badly.  We drove down to Palestine to see our daughter and son-in-law.  They have been working on the day care center at their church and we wanted to see what they had done.  It looks really good.  We went out to eat with them for supper and enjoyed the visit.  Tomorrow I will get the sermon ready for Sunday after visiting at the hospital.  If everyone is doing ok Janie and I will head out Thursday morning for our hike in Palo Duro Canyon.  Thursday is Janie's birthday.  We plan to go by way of Groom, Texas where there is a very impressive, man made, site to see. We will spend the night in Canyon, Texas and Friday afternoon should find us on the hiking trail, if the Lord is willing.  I have been looking forward to this trip and hope we will be able to go.  If something should come up we will reschedule. 
I have ordered a new laptop computer.  This one is almost three years old and works just fine but the new one will be bigger and faster.  Our son's laptop is not in good shape so what I plan to do is to leave this one with him when we go for our visit in August.  Well its off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of sleep.  God bless you.

No comments: