Monday, January 19, 2009

Sins Will Find You Out


It was a good day today. We had no part in the services at the nursing home today so we just sat in the back and enjoyed the services. Had a good visit with the folks there and with one of our shut-ins. Did not get my oil changed today they are still waiting on the oil to arrive. I will check back tomorrow. We will be having Bible study with the Faith church in Hewitt tomorrow night. We will exchange bus seats again and this seat will put us half way through the re-upholstering process. The puzzle (pictured) is coming along slowly. I worked on it a little bit on Sunday afternoon and not at all today. Janie is at the ladies auxiliary meeting this evening. So I will try to get some work done on the sermon for next Sunday while she is gone. I have included here a picture of us talking to our son in France yesterday.
I have made good progress on my Bible reading. I read the place where Moses warned the tribes of Israel that their sins would find them out. I believe this to be true even today. You can not sin and get away with it. It will one day be brought to light. When I am in the public eye I am cautious about my behavior and my speech. We should be careful how we behave in public. The way we behave in private should also be guarded. A man named Achan hid the treasure he stole from the city of Jericho. No one knew of his sin and he thought he would get away with it. He did not. It caused the loss of his own life and the lives of his children and the men who fell in battle at Ai. Private, unseen sin is just as bad as public sin. Sin is sin. We should always remember that our sins will find us out. God bless you.

No comments: