Monday, January 26, 2009

Nabal


I was just reading about a man in the Bible whose name was Nabal. The name means "fool." His name suited him for he certainly acted like a fool. His wife was the opposite, she was very wise. King David had refused to take vengence on Saul who was trying to kill him but was more than ready to take vengence on Nabal who refused to pay him for services rendered. Nabal's wife was right when she told David in effect that vengence belongs to the Lord.

Janie is working on her ladies Bible study lesson and I have been working on taxes (pictured). It looks like we will be getting a refund. I am always anxious to get my taxes figured so I know how to budget our money. I prefer to over pay than under pay. I am ahead of schedule on my Bible readings. I need to be finished with 1st Kings chapter 6 by the last day of this month and I should make that with no problem at all. God bless you.

No comments: