Monday, November 7, 2011

Busy Days

Canned homemade soup 11/7/2011
I made some soup today and canned 8 pints of it.  I made this soup very mild in flavor just like Janie likes it.  We ate a bowl for lunch and I added some hot spices to mine and it was just right.  It will really hit the spot on a cold winters night.  I like to listen for the lids to pop.  And just now I heard the last one pop. 
Started a fire Friday without a match or a lighter
Today I have been real busy.  I went to the bank, the church, Business Supply, the hospital, the nursing home, and Wal-Mart.  I worked on the bulletin and the sermon for next Sunday.  We got a real good rain today and we need every drop of it. 
Yesterday was Sunday and I was able to get through the Song of Songs sermon unscathed.  It was an easy text as far as its level of sensitive content.  The sermon for next Sunday also lacks any cause for concern of embarrassment.  After preaching from the Song of Solomon in the morning service I preached from Psalm 7:11 and enjoyed that text a lot.  We had a good number of people attend both services. 
Giving our Junior Choir a ride to the top of our auditorium
Saturday Janie and I worked around the house getting ready for the company we had on Sunday.  The couple whose house we meet in down at Lorena on Tuesday nights came to our services Sunday and stayed to eat lunch with us.  We had a gluten free meal that was very good.  For the first time in almost 9 years I used the timer on the oven.  I had the oven to come on at 11 and go off at 12 while we were at church.  It worked like a charm. 
Tomorrow we have our ladies Bible study in the morning and services in Lorena tomorrow night which will make for another busy day.  God bless you.

No comments: