Sunday, December 14, 2008

Jeremiah 31:33


"I will be their God." (Jeremiah 31:33) Christmas is a wonderful season of the year. It is my wish for each of you that you have a very Merry Christmas. To have a Merry Christmas Jeremiah gives us a wonderful key. “I will be their God.” This is all you could possibly need. Happiness lies in satisfaction and what could be more satisfying than this wonderful promise from God “I will be their God.” If you can pour this promise into your cup, you would say with King David, “My cup runneth over.” When this, “I am thy God”, is fulfilled and you accept Him as being so you truly possess all things. Desire, like death is never satisfied, but he who “filleth all in all” can fill the longing and emptiness of your soul. The Apostle Paul was able to be content with what ever he possessed. He knew how to abound and to be abased. Happiness is an attitude of choice. If you want more than quiet satisfaction and you desire joyous delight this Christmas season then here is music to your ears “I will be their God”, for God is the Maker of Heaven and Earth. Here is a deep sea of bliss to which there are no limits. “I will be their God.” If this does not make your face beam and your heart leap with joy, then surely your soul is not in a healthy state. This is the masterpiece of all the promises, “I will be their God.” This Christmas season enjoy and delight in knowing your God who has chosen you and loved you so much that He sent His Son into this world to be your Savior.

This is Sunday morning and it feels odd that I will not be preaching this morning. Rusty Teer, a missionary to Thailand will be preaching for us this morning. He use to be the youth director at Walnut Street several years ago. He preached for us this time last year and did a great job. I love to preach but I also love to hear someone else preach a good sermon. I will not be disappointed this morning. We also have a substitute song leader this morning and that will change things up a little bit also. I am expecting a really good service today.

I will be getting up at 3:00 in the morning to go to Dallas. One of our church members is having heart surgery. Janie will have her Bible study Tuesday morning and I believe we are to go to Waco Tuesday night for services there. Wednesday is our Midweek Bible School Christmas program and we pray the weather will be favorable and all will go well. Next week is Christmas! Hope you have a Merry one. God bless you.

No comments: