Monday, September 8, 2008

Misprison


Misprison is a neglect or violation of official duty by one in office. I hold the office of a bishop. That is king James language for a pastor. I do not want to be guilty of misprison. So off to work I go. I will go to the nursing home first thing this morning and visit the shut-ins there. I will go after that to pick up the church bus and bring it back to the church, it has been in the shop. Next is a visit to one who is gravely ill in the hospital and then one who is shut in at home due to illness. Next I need to make 2 wheel chair ramps for someone in need of them. Study for my time with the kids on Wednesday night and make a round of the bus route to make sure I don't leave any kids behind who want to come to Bible school.

My laptop computer has been giving me some trouble lately. The internal WIFI no longer works, the battery last only about 1 hour now versus the 3 hours it use to last. It locks up from time to time and the hard drive is 75 percent full. I have ordered a new one and it is due to arrive today. It will be a big job to get all of my software and files transfered and I dread that task. It is a great tool for Bible study and spreading the word of God. It allows me the freedom to work while traveling which makes me a good steward of the time God gives to me.

I plan another trip to Henderson on Thursday, my day off, to get some work done there and then on Friday to go to TBI to work on my Doctoral Thesis. Tuesday is Sunday Morning Sermon day and I will probably return to the book of John. I plan to visit with some of the people who visited our services on Sunday. Our attendance was WAY UP this Sunday.
The picture is of me, avoiding misprison, maning the booth for our missionary to France at a missions conference earlier this year. God bless you.

No comments: