Saturday, August 29, 2009

Choir Practice


The church choir met at the choir director's house and had supper together. There was a real good turn out of people. It was called Christmas in August. We went over the Christmas program and it looks like it is going to be a good one. He plans to have the performance the Sunday night before Christmas. The program is about 40 minutes long. Our choir may be small but it is enthusiastic. We had a great time of fellowship.

I will preach 4 sermons tomorrow. The first at 10:00 from Second Peter, the second at 11:25 from Revelation 15, the third at 2:30 from Revelation 19, and the fourth at 6:15 from 1 Corinthians 5. Monday I will preach one sermon at 10:00 and build one sermon at 6:00. Monday will be visitation day. I need to visit a couple of church members and a lady in the nursing home in Waco. I am glad to see cooler weather arriving. It is suppose to be in the 90's this week instead of the 100's. I spoke with my mother on the phone and she is doing well. My brother's (Pictured above) have been taking good care of things at our place in Henderson. Mother said that my brother's cranked the tractor and mowed the field between the two houses. They also cleaned up mother's drive way, trimming the limbs back so she can see before pulling out into the road. I sure am thankful for my brothers. They set me free to help others and get my school work done.

No comments: