Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Where is the Fun in Funeral?


Dad's funeral was well attended. Judging from the guest book and the crowd I would say there was about 75 people present. Several of my TBI instructors attended. I was asked to write up something for the Baptist Monitor and will do that soon. The service went well, my older brother presented the American Flag to mother on behalf of a grateful nation. Bro Harold Davis came all the way from Tyler and it was a joy to have him present. He has been present at every major event of my married life. It was 83 degrees and there was an occasional breeze. The pavillion provided good shade and everyone was able to be seated on old fashion benches. We brought a few padded chairs for those who needed them. Some had a little trouble finding the cemetery but all in all everything went well.
My sisters had to head for Dallas to catch their flight and we left mother alone at home so she could get a short nap. I went over to my nieces house to fix her dryer. Every time they would touch it they would get shocked. It was wired incorrectly and so I rewired it and now it is safe. I am visiting with my mother and will return to Janie's parents for the night. We have a few things to do tomorrow and we have a wedding on Saturday then it will be back to Hillsboro. God bless you.

No comments: