Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The LORD Reigns


It is Tuesday and I have just arrived at my office. It was windy outside but a nice mile and a half walk anyway. I passed one of my neighbors walking her dog and told her I was protesting the oil company's high prices by walking to work to which she replied "so their high prices are making you healthier." Often times things that seem really bad turn out for the best. If gas prices reach $7 a gallon like they have in France maybe we will all be healthier. When someone is in front of me driving slowly in a no passing zone I use to get all frustrated but now I count it a blessing. When things are going badly maybe that is when things are going good. The Apostle Paul said "Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." The sermon I will preach next Sunday, Lord willing, is entitled "The Lord Reigns." Child of God, you have a peace that passes understanding when you know this unchangeable, indisputable fact "THE LORD REIGNS!"
This picture is of my wife, Janie, standing in a wheat field that is ready to be harvested. The wheat harvest is just about over now here in Hill county. The farmers say it was a good year for wheat. What you sow is what you reap. It is a tough fact of life. Remember this fact each day of your life.
I said in an earlier blog post that we were going to Hewitt tonight but I was wrong that is next week. God bless you.

No comments: